New Zealand Family Court Survival Guide by Katrina Smithson
The New Zealand Family Court Survival Guide is the only resource you need to help manage the legal and practical logistics of a relationship breakdown, custody dispute or other family or whanau crisis.
- Explains all your options when you need to make changes in your family situation.
- Helps you to avoid unnecessary expense and upset.
- Easy-to-follow advice on how to navigate a relationship separation that is fair and respectful of all parties.
- Strong focus on children and how best to support them in what can be a tough and confusing time.
- Advice in three focused sections:
- To Court or Not to Court will help you to understand some of the financial and non-financial costs and potential benefits of litigation, and how to avoid court altogether if possible.
- Save $$$ on Legal Fees contains tips and suggestions for reducing your total legal bill and other associated costs.
- Children in Focus provides valuable information for all separating and separated parents and contains best-practice examples of how to prioritise the needs of children, and how to avoid losing sight of their needs, while negotiating the necessary changes and establishing the new normal for your whanau or family.
The New Zealand Family Court Survival Guide explains all your options when you need to make changes to your family situation and helps you to avoid unnecessary expense and upset. Drawing from her own experiences in the family court system, author Katrina Smithson offers easy-to-follow advice on how to navigate a separation that is fair and respectful to all parties, with a strong focus on children and how best to assist them in what can be a tough and confusing time. Heading into court proceedings with the right information is critical. The New Zealand Family Court Survival Guide is the only resource you need to manage this difficult time in the best way possible.